Convert OST file to PST file with three easy methods. We described two methods for manual export of OST files into PST outlook and one with the help of converting software.
Three Methods To Import OST File in Outlook
OST and PST are both well-known data files used to save user data. MS Outlook makes use of both files. The creation of Outlook data files is determined by account settings. If you configure the account for IMAP, Outlook will create an OST file to store data. Outlook uses a PST data file if the account is configured with pop.
Many Outlook users prefer the OST file because it allows them to work while they are not connected to the internet. OST allows the user to access previously downloaded data such as emails, calendars, journals, and so on, as well as create new emails and contacts in offline mode.
We will discuss why a user converts OST to PST and Convert OST files to PST format manually in this post. We’ll also talk about the best OST to PST converter software. If you are looking for the best way to import OST files into Outlook, then this post is for you.
Why Should You Convert OST File to PST Format?
There are numerous reasons for converting an OST file to a PST format, including a corrupt OST file due to Some of the main reasons include internal bugs, abrupt power failure, virus infection, software malfunction. If you accidentally delete some of the mailbox data from an OST file, you can simply download a new OST file from the Exchange Server. Especially when your organization is changing, you must transfer all of your critical data to a new system and so on. Users convert OST to PST for these reasons.
Convert an OST File to PST File Manually
You can manually import the ost file into outlook. In this section, we will use the two best free methods to convert OST to PST. You must connect to the Exchange server in order to use these methods. These methods will also require Outlook.
NOTE: Before using these methods, make a backup of the OST file.
Method 1: Save Your Mailbox as a PST File Format.
Log in to Outlook using your Microsoft Exchange account.
- Navigate to the File menu.
- Select Open & Export and then Import & Export.
- Choose Export to a file from the Choose an action to perform menu, then click Next.
- Select Outlook data file (.pst) from the create a file type drop-down menu and press the Next button.
- Select the folder you want to export and press the Next button.
- Set the file’s path and also check the box to avoid exporting duplicate items.
- Finish by clicking the Finish button.
Method 2: Using The Archive to Convert an OST File to a PST File
- Start Microsoft Outlook.
- Navigate to the File.
- Select the Options menu and select Advanced.
- Select the Auto Archive option.
- Set the number of days for the Auto Archive to run.
- Enter the address and press the OK button.
You can convert OST to PST for free using the methods described above. These techniques, however, have some drawbacks.
- Data loss is a possibility.
- It takes a long time.
- Difficult to carry out.
- OST file cannot be repaired.
Method 3: Using The Best OST to PST Converter, You Can Convert OST to PST
We’ll be using the SysTools OST to PST Converter tool in this case. You can use this software to repair corrupted OST files. The software also offers a variety of export options. You can use this OST to PST converter software to convert OST to PST, MSG, EML, MBOX, RTF, HTML, and other useful file formats. This software can be used to migrate OST to Office 365. You can use the free demo version of this tool to convert OST to PST for free. This software’s trial version allows you to preview OST files and export the first 25 items from each folder.
- Install the software after downloading it.
- To select OST files, launch the software and select the Add file option.
- After selecting the OST files, click the OK button to begin the loading process.
- Following the procedure, the software will generate a preview within the software window.
- Select the Export option and the folders you want to convert.
- Choose PST as an Export option and enter a location to save the resulting PST files.
- To begin the OST to PST conversion, click the Next button.
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
Only when using Outlook with the original Exchange account can you manually convert OST to PST. However, the software converts the OST to PST format even if the original Exchange profile and Exchange Server connectivity are not present. In addition, you can free convert 25 items from each folder to PST.